Monday, December 20, 2010

MEMBERSHIP OF RENFREWSHIRE LADIES' COUNTY GOLF ASSOCIATION

Dear Member

At the AGM last month I asked everyone to go away and consider a proposal which was made to all the County Captains regarding the make up of the membership.

At present one has to be proposed and seconded to become a member of the County and in Renfrewshire one may only be proposed if one’s handicap is 24 or less. It is a nomad club…..we do not have a home club but we arrange competitions on the courses in Renfrewshire for our members.

The SLGA would like to know the opinion of the various County members on the following:-

Should the membership of the County Association be open to all lady members of Renfrewshire clubs?

Their fees would be collected through their golf club. This would be in line with how the Renfrewshire men run their Area. Obviously the numbers of members would increase dramatically with a much increased income although the subscription would be much less than it is at present. I anticipate a lot of dissension on this idea and in so many ways I agree but I do want to remind you all of the reason that the Scottish County Golf Associations were formed.

Our Constitution states that the object of the Association shall be:-

To further the interests of ladies amateur golf in Renfrewshire County at Senior and Junior levels.

To select and maintain County Teams and representatives.

In order to do both these things we require funds mainly for coaching and for accommodation at Inter County matches.

I know that we all enjoy meeting each other at County events, playing on different courses and in many ways that is how most of us look at our membership of the County.
I myself enjoy it for those very reasons but perhaps we should be looking at it from the outside?
I have received only two phone calls on this subject since the AGM and that is why I am reminding you all about it.
 I would welcome your opinions on the matter either by letter, phone or preferably Click on the following link to ------  CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME.

The SLGA would like to know the thoughts of each County by the New Year.


If you need any more information on the subject, I refer you to the SLGA website:- www.slga.co.uk where you should go to the amalgamation proposals and then read item 3/14 and 3/15.

I hope that this snow disappears soon and we can get back to golf but in the meantime I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Best wishes Trish Brown (Captain RLCGA)