Monday, January 31, 2011

SGU/SLGA AMALGAMATION-- SOME RLCGA MEMBERS VIEWS







You will remember that before Christmas I requested your views on the make up of the County membership.

There had been a suggestion from the SLGA that we might include every lady member of all the Renfrewshire clubs as members of the RLCGA. Each lady would automatically become a member of the County and her subscription would be collected through her club...just as subscriptions to the LGU and SLGA are collected at present. The advantage of this of course would be increased revenue albeit that the sub would probably be under £5. It is interesting to note that as things are at the moment there are only 9% of all the lady golfers in Renfrewshire who are members of the RLCGA.

I must stress that this was only a suggestion brought on by the proposed amalgamation of the SLGA and the SGU. The men's areas which are affiliated to the SGU run their membership in this way and it was put to us--the County Captains-- that perhaps we should consider this option. Of course the men do not have anything like the number of County competitions as we do and their borders do not align with ours.

We are under no obligation to take this any further but I felt that I wanted to know your views before I go back to the next Counties Forum in February. I am attaching some, but not all of the emails  - CLICK HERE TO READ SOME OF THE RLCGA MEMBERSHIP VIEWS -- which I received and I want to thank you all so much for taking the time to send them to me. It has been interesting reading! I think that you will notice that nearly all of the comments are negative and I am relieved about this! Things of course may well change in the future!

Before I finish I would like you also to be aware that there is to be a vote taken sometime in May on the amalgamation and if you are interested please read about it on the SLGA website:-  www.slga.co.uk. Alternatively click on the following links to read more -------
The proposal with details of the roles of Board members and committees and a covering letter from the Amalgamation Group Chair, Donald Turner may be accessed by clicking on the links.

If you would like to email any comments or queries either to me or even better straight to the SLGA we will endeavour to answer them.

I would be very grateful if you would pass on the information in this email to anyone who does not have email. Thank you all so much for your interest and HAPPY GOLFING!

With kindest regards
Trish Brown (Captain) -- Apologies for those who did not receive this message by email or the views could not been seen as an attachment