Saturday, May 21, 2011

MESSAGE FROM CAPTAIN TRISH WHO TRAVELLED DOWN TO MACHRIHANISH

Norah and Trish in Wind swept Machrihanish (Courtesy of Shona Malcom) - Click to enlarge
with Anne Laing and Isabel Crawford (?I think)
I went down to Machrihanish today with my sister-in-law, Norah Adams, a county member and Vice Captain at Kilmacolm. We left at 6am and got there at about 9.30am with a short stop for coffee and a roll and a change of driver.
We joined the match at the 6th hole in gale force winds and driving rain. I just thanked my lucky stars that I was not playing in those conditions! I am amazed how well both Louise and Eilidh played considering the weather. Wet hands, stinging rain on your face, soaking towels, umbrellas turning inside out....I think you get the picture!
The standard of their golf was fantastic and although Louise won by 5/4 the game was close up until the putting. Poor Eilidh had so many putts which nearly dropped and that would have made all the difference. I must say that Louise played so steadily and she richly deserved her win after reaching the final 3 years in a row.  We all congratulate her on a fine performance. I am quite certain that there will be more opportunities for Eilidh especially when you consider that this was her first experience of playing in the "Scottish"....WELL DONE to her !

I also want to congratulate Megan and Alyson on the great golf they played too...such a shame that the Renfrewshire girls were all in the same half of the draw.

Well done all of them and roll on next year at Tain!

Cheers Trish